Aligning Education with Workforce Needs
apr 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM
One of the four goals of BillingsWorks is “Alignment with Education: Ensure the alignment of education and training systems with current and future workforce demand. Promote educational opportunities to community partners and communicate demand/need for potential workforce.”
This session features local experts in the education and business sector to tell us all of the cool and innovative things going on in their worlds that relate to aligning education with workforce needs! Be prepared to leave this session with new ideas that you can implement in your organizations and new ways you can connect your organization to the education sector to build your talent pipeline! Q & A to follow!
This session will be facilitated by BillingsWorks Steering Committee Member, Dan Carter, Exxon Mobil and feature:
· Katie Meier, Teacher of Medical Careers at the Career Center |importance of high school level programs and trainings
· Jamie Hovey, Tax Manager at Wipfli | robust internship program
· Dean Vicki Trier, MSUB City College | statewide partnerships they are creating to develop relevant career pathways
· Liz Ching, Department of Labor | apprenticeships and the importance of trades
· Joshua Toenyes, Cardsetter | entrepreneurship, tech, code school
Don’t forget that by attending each session, you are automatically entered to win ONE of TWO Better Off in Billings Giveaways! Go to our events page to check out ALL of the sessions we will be featuring this week!
Better off in Billings
Why You're Better off in BIllings: Billings is a vibrant place to Build a lifestyle, Develop a career, and Experience adventure. Better Off in Billings is our brand - developed to be a unified community voice to share our story and culture. In addition to attracting and retaining the talent, we need to grow and thrive as Montana’s largest city. It’s an economic tool designed to elevate our community, our people - increasing access opportunity for everyone. And we would love you to join us!