Voices of the Past at Mountview Cemetery
sept 16 & 23, 2023 at 10:00 aM
Voices of the Past: Actors portray historic Billings people at Mountview Cemetery.
Join us at Mountview Cemetery to meet historic figures from Billings’ past as actors portray the interesting and iconic figures buried at Mountview Cemetery.
Ticket times available for 10am, 11am, & 12pm.
General Admission: $25.00
Student Admission (College & Under): $18.00
Voices of the Past– Living History event in Billings’ historic Mountview Cemetery (16th St W & Central Ave). Meet local residents from the past – people whose fascinating, funny, and, often, heartbreaking stories shaped the community we share. Local volunteer actors will bring these stories to life with drama and lots of great stories from Billings history. Performances during the morning and noon on Saturday September 16 and September 23 (specific times and group size will be announced soon).
Call for more information – Lauren Hunley / Museum at 406-256-6809.
2023 Historic Figures:
- Florence Ames – 1st graduate nurse in Billings and WWI Army nurse volunteer
- Annie Applegate – early woman minister
- Esther Fish – early Billings resident
- Ethel Hays – 1920s cartoonist & children’s book illustrator
- Paul McCormick, Sr. – early resident, businessman, and community-founder
- Ed O’Donnell – immigrant, rancher, and 1st cemetery superintendent
- Richard Throssel – early Metis photographer, state representative, and advocate for native rights
Parking is available onsite. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before ticket time.
All tickets are final, regardless of weather.
NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS AVAILABLE
Please contact us for any ADA needs.
More Upcoming Events
Montana State University Billings Department of History presents the First Annual Edgerton History Lecture
@MSU Billings Library, LI 148
Montana State University Billings Department of History is proud to present the First Annual Edgerton History Lecture. Dr. Keith Edgerton, Professor Emeritus Montana St...