Run for HER 5K and 10K
Sept 25, 2021 at 9:00 aM
I RUN FOR HER.
Join us for the 2021 5K & 10K Run for HER. The course will be run on the beautiful trails of Norm Schoenthal Island, right along the Yellowstone River on the South side of Billings. We also have an option to run VIRTUALLY, where ever you are located.
What is a virtual RUN? A virtual run/walk is the same as any other run, but you get to walk or run at any location, at any pace, inside on a treadmill or outside in another state or country!
All you need to do is register online, choose our "Virtual 5K" or "Virtual 10K" option and get moving! You will have the option to submit your race time by the end of the day to compete with the rest of our virtual running community. There is also an option to order a t-shirt by September 5th.
Run For Her 5k/10K benefits the HER Campaign. The HER Campaign is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that partners with nationwide agencies and coalitions serving woman ages 18 and older who are the vulnerable and survivors of sexual exploitation and human trafficking. We place and provide space for survivors to take the necessary time to walk through the healing journey for the mind, body, and soul. Our wholistic approach provides options for long-term housing, safety, and stability, while educating participants about all of their options, including but not limited to, resources through the HER Campaign. The HER Campaign’s mission is to help HER heal, grow, and find purpose.
Packet Pickup: Friday, September 24th from 12-6 pm at Legacy coffee, located at 2501 Montana Ave, Billings, MT 59101. Join us for a cup of coffee on their beautiful patio! For our Virtual runners, packets will be mailed to you before the event along with a t-shirt for those who order it.
Our programs and services include:
- Emergency Shelter The Emergency Shelter, opening in 2021, will provide crucial care for victims between rescue and long-term residential care in Montana through assessing and addressing the most common variables that cause victims to relapse and achieve stabilization through holistic therapy.
- Family Alliance As an expansion of the HER Refuge Safe House, the mission of this program is to raise up families to become a safe place for survivors by providing long term residential care, integrating survivors into trained and equipped host families.
- Transitional Home The transitional home opened in May 2021 for adult women survivors of human trafficking. They are invited to live in the home for up to 2 years as they work towards economic independence, reintegration into society through job training and employment opportunities, and continue on the healing journey.
- HER Merch with a Message The HER Restore is an online marketplace and locally resourced clothing in Montana and inspirational products that create a movement of hope and healing while providing funding for our safe house program.
- 24/7 Hotline HER Campaign partners with Rescue America to provide a 24/7 hotline in Montana. The 24/7 hotline facilitates a survivor’s safe and secure exit from the life, as well as next steps to begin a new life journey.
Lace-up your shoes, and let's Run for HER!