WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE FOURTH?
Here’s a complete list of things happening in and around Billings for the long holiday weekend & Independence Day 2023!
Billings - July 4th
- Food trucks and live music beginning at 7pm @MetraPark’s outdoor plaza (outdoor pavilion near the pond)! Family-friendly, free admission, and feel free to bring your own food, drinks, camp chairs, and blankets.
- Fireworks at the Metra begin after dark (~10pm).Parking is free in the upper and lower lots at MetraPark. Nearby business lots will also be open after business hours. Parking on the Rims is prohibited by the city. Loudspeakers in Metra’s lower lots will play music with the fireworks, live radio to be determined.
- More Info Here: https://www.cfbillings.com
Laurel - July 4th
- 26th Annual Chief Joseph Run begins at the Thompson Park picnic shelter on East 6th Street. 8 Milers will start at 6:30 and 2 & 4 milers will start at 7:00. Last year we had 250 runners!
- Pancake Breakfast: 7-11am @ Fireman’s Park
- Grand Parade: Theme "Let Freedom Ring" begins @11am at Alder Ave. & Main St. and goes west.
- Food & Craft Fair: 9am-9pm @Thompson Park (1st Ave & E 8th St.)
- Fireworks: beginning at dark in Thompson Park. Laurel has the largest fireworks display in Montana!
- More Info Here: http://www.laurelmontana.org/july-4th-celebration/
Red Lodge - July 1, 2, 3, & 4th
- Parade: Theme "The Heroes Among Us" Begins at 12pm at Broadway & 16th Street, heading north on Broadway to 5th St. Be sure to arrive early and bring camp chairs! (2nd, 3rd, & 4th only)
- PRCA Xtreme Bull Riding- One Night Only, July 1st! Gates open at 4pm Event at 5:45pm Get tickets ahead of time at www.redlodgetickets.com
- Rodeo: Home of Champions Rodeo will be July 2nd-3rd @5:45pm (gates open at 4pm) and July 4 @2:45pm (Gates open at 1:00 pm) at Red Lodge Rodeo Grounds. Be sure to get tickets ahead of time: http://redlodgerodeo.com/
- Red Lodge Farmers' Market Saturday, July 1st from 9:00am-noon in Lions Park
- Fireworks: July 4th beginning at 10pm or at dark; shot off on the East Bench, so can be seen all over town. Fireworks show on July 4th only
- More Info Here: https://www.redlodge.com/montana-calendar-of-events.asp
Roundup - July 1, 2, 3, & 4th
- Veteran's Parade- Begins at 11:00 am on July 3rd and 4th on Main Street.
- Midway West Carnival- July 1st-4th at Roundup City Park. Gates open at Noon each day.
- Roundup Community Stage- Shows begin at 7:00 pm on July 1st and 2nd. Fireworks on July 2nd.
- PRCA Rodeo Roundup- July 3rd at 7:00 pm and July 4th at 1:00pm
- More Info Here: https://www.visitroundup.com/ride
~As they have in most years for the past few decades, the Billings Fire Department will be closing Phipps Park as well as the public lands that run along the top of the Rims from Main Street in the Heights along the south side of Highway 3, to and including Zimmerman Park. (The area where you can park to look out at the city.) Closures will begin the morning of Tuesday, July 4 at 5:00 a.m. and will remain in effect until the morning of Wednesday July 5. Vehicle, bike, and pedestrian access is prohibited during this period of time.
~Billings city offices and the landfill will be closed Tuesday, July 4th.
~Garbage Collection will be on schedule for Monday pickup, NO trash collection on Tuesday the 4th, and collection delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
We hope everyone has a HAPPY, FUN, AND SAFE 4th of July!
Sincerely, Liz Francis
For more about Liz Francis, sponsor & real estate broker, click here.