WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE FOURTH?
Here’s a complete list of things happening in and around Billings for the long holiday weekend & Independence Day 2022!
Billings - July 4th
- Food trucks, concessions and live music beginning at 7pm @MetraPark’s outdoor plaza (outdoor pavilion near the pond)! Family-friendly, free admission, and feel free to bring your own food, drinks, camp chairs, and blankets.
- Fireworks at the Metra begin after dark (~10pm); launching from Metra’s upper parking lot. No parking will be allowed in the upper lot all day for this reason. Loudspeakers in Metra’s lower lots will play music with the fireworks, or tune radios to 97.1 or 102.9 FM.
- More Info Here: https://www.cfbillings.com
Laurel - July 4th
- 25th Annual Chief Joseph Run: 8-mile begins @6:30am; 2- & 4-mile begin @7am. Thompson Park Shelter-6th Street
- Pancake Breakfast: 7-11am @ Fireman’s Park - Children 7-12 get in for $4, and those 13+ get in for $6, kids 6 & under are FREE!
- Grand Parade: Theme "Party in the USA" begins @11am at Alder Ave. & Main St. and goes west.
- Food & Craft Fair: 9am-9pm @Thompson Park (1st Ave & E 8th St.)
- Fireworks: beginning at dark in Thompson Park
- More Info Here: http://www.laurelmontana.org/july-4th-celebration/
Red Lodge - July 1, 2, 3, & 4th
- Parade: Begins at 12pm at Broadway & 16th Street, heading north on Broadway to 5th St. Be sure to arrive early and bring camp chairs! (2nd, 3rd, & 4th only)
- Rodeo: Home of Champions Rodeo will be July 1, 2, & 3 @6pm (gates open at 4pm) and July 4 @3pm at Red Lodge Rodeo Grounds. Be sure to get tickets ahead of time: http://redlodgerodeo.com/wp/
- Red Lodge Farmers' Market Saturday, July 2nd from 9:30am-noon in Lions Park
- Fireworks: beginning at 10pm or at dark; shot off on the East Bench, so can be seen all over town. Fireworks show on July 4th only
- More Info Here: https://www.redlodge.com/montana-calendar-of-events.asp
Roundup - July 1, 2, 3, & 4th
Roundup's Schedule of Events:
Friday, July 1st:
*8 AM - RIDE Golf Scramble
5 PM - Midway West Carnival gates open
*7 PM - American Idol Winner, Caleb Johnson and The Ramblin’ Saints with Jason Larson opening
Saturday, July 2nd:
*10 AM - 4 PM - Roundup Sportsmen’s Association Top Shot Competition
*1 ‐ 5 PM - Kids Kountry
Noon - Midway West Carnival gates open
*7 PM ‐ Ben & Noel Haggard with a Tribute to their father, Merle Haggard AND American Idol Winner, Laine Hardy
*Fireworks by Roundup Skylighters & Montana Poor Boys Pyrotechnics following evening entertainment
Sunday, July 3rd:
*8 AM - Comboy Church at Community Stage
8 AM - Rodeo Slack Event by Roundup Rodeo at County Fairgrounds
11AM - 2PM - Main Street Market & Car Show
1 PM ‐ Parade by Roundup Chamber
1 PM - Midway West Carnival gates open
3 PM - Teddy Blue Abbott Statue Dedication by Teddy Blue Monument group
8 PM ‐ PRCA Rodeo by Rodeo Roundup
Monday, July 4th:
7 AM - 4th of July Bird Walk by Arts & Culture Committee
11 AM ‐ Parade by Roundup Chamber – Founders of United States
11 AM - Midway West Carnival gates open
1 PM ‐ PRCA Rodeo by Rodeo Roundup
- More Info Here: https://roundupindependencedays.com
~As they have in most years for the past few decades, the Billings Fire Department will be closing Phipps Park as well as the public lands that run along the top of the Rims from Main Street in the Heights along the south side of Highway 3, to and including Zimmerman Park. (The area where you can park to look out at the city.) These closures will begin the morning of July 4th at 5 a.m. and will remain in effect until the morning of July 5th. Vehicle, bike, and pedestrian access is prohibited during this period of time.
~Billings city offices and the landfill will be closed Monday, July 4th; garbage collection will be delayed for a day. (If Monday is your normal garbage collection day, then your garbage, yard waste, and/or "extras" will be picked up on Tuesday, July 5th.
We hope everyone has a HAPPY, FUN, AND SAFE 4th of July!
Sincerely, Liz Francis
For more about Liz Francis, sponsor & real estate broker, click here.