Celebrating Galentine's Day
Every February, love takes center stage as we celebrate with those we love and share our lives with. Romance is for Valentine's Day but now we also have a day for celebrating friends who support us and embrace us throughout the year as well. Galentine's Day became known to those who watch "Parks and Rec" to be celebrated on February 13th and recognizing the gals we are lucky enough to have in our lives.
Here are some of our favorite ideas for throwing a party to celebrate Galentine's Day:
- Party Games: There are many party games that you can find online like "This or That," "Drink If..." "What's on Your Phone" and more. Friend-themed party games or twists on many others. You can go classic with a game of charades, pictionary, or any other board games or video games that you enjoy or have always wanted to try!
- At Home Spa Day: manicures, pedicures, face masks, etc. Pamper yourselves and relax!
- Craft Day: bring your own crafts or take a trip to the craft store to pick out whatever you would enjoy! These are super fun to do together and then you have something to keep as a memento.
- Watch a movie... or THREE!
- Favorite Things Exchange: beauty product swap, book exchange, wine exchange, or swap any type of favorite items.
- Make Galentines Cards for each other: Re-affirm your friendships listing the best things about one another and why you are so grateful to have them in your life!
- Food and Drink: Fondue like it's the 1970's! Or throw together a charcuterie board with berries, yogurt dip, pretzels, meats and cheeses, or any candies and other goodies. So many local places offer unique sweets to keep everyone happy and cocktails/mocktails are the perfect addition to any smorgasbord! We have a couple ideas below: